Learn how to apply accessibility standards to your Drupal design and development practices. As new laws that enforce accessibility standards get rolled out and more people move online for essential services, it's more important than ever before to ensure your website is an inclusive place for everyone, no matter their abilities.
This course will give you hands-on experience incorporating accessibility standards into your new or existing website. We'll guide you through accessibility basics, common issues, and teach you how to test and implement accessibility improvements using Drupal site building and theming.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Accessibility terminology and concepts
- Understanding web accessibility and assistive technologies
- Creating more accessible content
- Design considerations for accessibility
- Identifying and resolving common accessibility issues at the code level
- Using theming techniques to resolve accessibility problems
- Accessibility testing tools
- Incorporating accessibility best practices into your workflow
You'll have lessons to complete between live sessions (exercises with video instructions) and access to a Slack channel and a one-on-one session to help you out.
- Setup & Introductions
- Accessibility fundamentals
- Assistive Technology and Testing Tools
- Content, Design and Developer Considerations
- Accessibility Audit and Additional Resources
Who Will Get the Most Out of This Course
This course is ideal for site builders, developers and designers looking to incorporate accessibility best practices into new or existing Drupal websites.